NIME04 - CALL FOR PAPERS, DEMOS & PERFORMANCES
Papers :We invite the submission of research papers, reports, and posters on topics related to new musical controllers including, but not restricted to:
- Design reports on novel controllers and interfaces for musical expression
- Surveys of past work and/or stimulating ideas for future research
- Performance experience reports on live performance and composition using novel controllers
- Controllers for virtuosic performers, novices, education and entertainment
- Perceptual & cognitive issues in the design of musical controllers
- Music and motion and/or music and emotion
- Movement, visual and physical expression with sonic expressivity
- Musical mapping algorithms and intelligent controllers
- Novel controllers for collaborative performance
- Interface protocols (e.g. MIDI) and alternative controllers
- Artistic, cultural, and social impact of new performance interfaces
- Real-time gestural control in musical performance
- Mapping strategies and their influence on digital musical instrument design
- Sensor and actuator technologies for musical applications
- Haptic and force feedback devices for musical control
- Real-time software tools and interactive systems
- Pedagogical applications of new interfaces - Courses and curricula
- Performance rendering system (RENCON)
- Evaluation criteria for evaluating rendered music (RENCON)
Demos :We encourage the submission of demos, either as part of papers and reports or as standalone contributions.
Performances :We encourage artists, performers and conference presenters to submit proposals for performances and livedemonstrations that employ new musical controllers, novel interface concepts, and/or new mapping systems that can befeatured in the concert events.
Industrial Demos :We invite industrial vendors to show products relating to new musical interfaces. Please email our industrial liaison organizer.