The Steering Committee is looking for hosts for NIME 2022 and later. Previous conferences have usually been hosted by one institution (or a few geographically close ones). NIME 2020 was fully online, 2021 is planned as hybrid (physical+online). The Steering Committee is particularly interested in exploring a hub-based conference format in 2022.
To succeed with a hub-based conference format, we would need to think differently about the organization. We are particularly encouraging collaboration between individuals and/or institutions around the world.
If you are interested in hosting NIME, please get in touch with the Steering Committee (steering(æ)nime.org) or the Chair.
Please get in touch as soon as possible to discus your ideas with the Steering Committee. Deadline for submitting a formal proposal: 15 January 2021.
Template for Hosting Proposal
- Location: Location name
- Dates: Proposed dates
- Chairs: Names
- Summarize plans for the concept of the conference
- Motivation for hosting NIME
- What is your motivation for hosting NIME?
- What is unique to your NIME hosting?
- Names and short bios of chairs
- Describe the rest of the team, including support staff
- Possible Dates
- Explain why you have chosen the dates and if there are any restrictions
- Would you be interested in other years if your proposal is not accepted for the dates you proposed?
- Available facilities
- Name and description of venues/resources for lectures, concerts, and installations
- Include a geographical overview of the venues
- Avenues for funding to support the event
- How will funds be secured to help hosting the event?
- Include a list of (possible) sponsors, granting agencies etc.
- Proposed guest speakers
- List envisaged guest speakers
- Budget Estimates
- Attach complete estimate of budget (ask for example budgets)