The Steering Committee is looking for hosts for NIME 2025 and later. Previous conferences have usually been hosted by one institution (or a few geographically close ones). The Steering Committee is interested in exploring hub-based conference formats in 2022 and onwards. There are many ways this could be done. One solution could be to have a central conference hub with satellite venues around the world. Another option could be to have a more distributed organization across multiple locations. Whatever format, we would need to think differently about the organization. We are particularly encouraging collaboration between individuals and/or institutions around the world.
If you are interested in hosting NIME, please get in touch with the Steering Committee (steering(æ)nime.org) or the Chair to discuss more. You can also take a look at the NIME Conference Cookbok with information about how the conferences is run.
Please get in touch as soon as possible to discuss your ideas with the Steering Committee.
Template for Hosting Proposal
- Location: City, country
- Host: Responsible institution(s)
- Chairs: Names of general chairs (preferably also other chairs)
- Dates: Proposed dates (preferably late May or beginning June)
- Summarize plans for the concept of the conference
- Motivation for hosting NIME
- What is your motivation for hosting NIME?
- What is unique to your NIME hosting?
- Names and short bios of key people
- Describe the rest of the team, including support staff
- Possible Dates
- Explain why you have chosen the dates and if there are any restrictions
- Would you be interested in other years if your proposal is not accepted for the dates you proposed?
- Available facilities
- Name and description of venues/resources for lectures, concerts, and installations
- Include a geographical overview of the venues
- Avenues for funding to support the event
- How will funds be secured to help hosting the event?
- Include a list of (possible) sponsors, granting agencies etc.
- Budget Estimates
- Attach estimate of budget (ask for example budgets)